Sunday, September 23, 2012

MASTER STUDENT CHAPTERS 7 AND 8

Well I must have been on Alpia for 6 hours answering questions. It takes awhile to do those questions if you want them right, and I try my best to answer them right, because I enjoy it and I want to pass this course. I really am enjoying this college stuff. Never a dull moment and I'm learning so much. Becoming a Master Student is my favorite course. I like the idea of Alpia, because you get three tries to get the answer right, but sometimes you don't get them right. It really puts that brain to working. I have never used my brain so much. I'm going to be one smart cookie. I have learned that problems serve a purpose. They provide opportunities to participate in life. Problems stimulate us and pull us forward. Worthy problems are those that challenge us to think, consider our values, and define our goals. Engaging with big problems changes us for the better. Bigger problems give more meaning to our lives. I know because I'm a walking problem. There are 6 levels in becoming a critical thinker. They are remembering, understanding, applying, analyzing, evaluating, and creating. I want to be able to do all 6. That is one of my goals. I also learned gaining skills as a critical thinker. Some that were on the Alpia were watch for hot spot, look for logic and evidence. Hot spots, many people have mental "hot spots"- topics that provoke strong feeling such as abortion, capital punishment, and gun control. The aim of using logic is to make statements that are clear, consistent, and coherent.  Assumptions are invisible and powerful. They are ideas that guide our thinking and behavior. Letting assumptions remain in our subconscious can erect barriers to our success.They can also create conflict. I also had to do problems on thinking critically about information on the internet. There are four ways to solve a problem. Define the problem, generate possibilities, create a plan, and perform your plan. I also had to reflect on choosing a major. Well see ya next time on how to become a master student.

No comments:

Post a Comment